[Xapian-discuss] Are these numbers resonsable?

Rafael "SDM" Sierra sdm at underlinux.com.br
Fri Jan 19 11:48:06 GMT 2007

I have only one box[1] running 3 sub-systems[2] at my system, are these
numbers resonsable[3]??

[1] - From dmesg (FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE):
AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3000+ (1808.33-MHz K8-class CPU)
real memory  = 2080309248 (1983 MB)
avail memory = 1997869056 (1905 MB)
ad0: 76350MB <SAMSUNG SP0802N TK200-04> at ata0-master UDMA33

[2] The sub-systems are:
1 - A server giving adreesses of documents to be indexed
2 - A server receiving these documents and replacing (I don't add, just
replaces)
3 - The indexer/parser of documents send all them to "2" after X documents

[3] - With 500K documents the flush (automatict) is very slow (the last
started 2 hours ago from this mail, and not ended yet), the database(flint)
are with 19GB, look delve result:
number of documents = 560857
average document length = 1348.51

My worse is about 2hours of flush needed, but if you saw me that it's
normal, I'll implement a system to create another database after 500K
documents and xapian-compact the old one.
--
SDM Underlinux
http://stiod.wordpress.com