[Xapian-discuss] Re: DFS solution

Andrey alpha04 at netvigator.com
Tue Jul 10 16:57:40 BST 2007

Hi James

thx for your reply.
I am planning to use xapian to index multiple sites (say 100+), and each
site have their own xapian.Database.
For preformance/ scalability issues, I like to build it on something which
is easy to scale in future.
I've looked in apache's Hadoop, thats exactly what I needed, but its
writtern in java =( and I had a hard time
in mounting the HDFS(hadoop DFS) to Linux readable file system for xapian..

I dont know if this is the right track or not (DFS)...if there is something
capable to spread the IO, highly scalable, and
readable by xapian

appreciated for any suggestion =)
thanks again for this helpful mail list
sorry for a bit off-topic