[Xapian-discuss] Update under a large database is slow

Gea-Suan Lin gslin at gslin.org
Thu Jul 12 03:18:07 BST 2007

Hello,

We use Perl module Search::Xapian 1.0.2.0 to index ~4m articles (it's
26GB right now), but updating is slow. (about 4 article/sec with I/O
bound)

The articles are UTF-8 CJK, we use bigram to generate terms, so it's
very easy to generate ~10k terms for a mid-size article. The article
itself is not stored in Xapian, but only the terms.

Any suggestion or any detail needed ?

--
* Gea-Suan Lin  (public key: Using https://keyserver.pgp.com/ to search)
* If you cannot convince them, confuse them.           -- Harry S Truman