[Xapian-discuss] broken code

Michael A. Lewis MAL at ICGINC.COM
Tue Jul 24 12:04:20 BST 2007

I'll try to isolate the minimum self-contained program that fail

-Michael

________________________________

From: Richard Boulton [mailto:richard at lemurconsulting.com]
Sent: Mon 7/23/2007 11:42 PM
To: Michael A. Lewis
Cc: xapian-discuss at lists.xapian.org
Subject: Re: [Xapian-discuss] broken code

Michael A. Lewis wrote:
> It appears to happen everytime. That was an early thought of mine as I was using a 14k source of an HTML page as my test input. I modified the file to contain "This is the text to be indexed.". It failed there also.

This sounds like it should be reproducible with a small self contained
program, which is good news.  I'll try and find time to look at this
soon, but in the meantime it would be really helpful if you could
produce a self-contained, compilable, minimal example showing the
failure.  The example code you sent earlier is a good start, but it's
just a fragment, so I can't compile it and see the problem you're
getting...  (I could work on it and build it into an application, but it
would be much better if you do that - if the problem is due to something
to do with your environment, and I can't reproduce the problem, I'd end
up spending a lot of time trying to work out why my code works; much
better if I start at something which compiles but shows the error.)

Thanks for the report, hope to hear from you soon.

--
Richard