[Xapian-discuss] Making Title Fields Have More Weight In Xapian Search

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Wed Jul 25 17:51:23 BST 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 12:07:40PM -0400, Ryan Mahoney wrote:

> I'm also having difficulties applying weights to fields.  Any ideas why
> changing the weight value seems to have little effect on the query results?

The general answer to this is, somewhat unfortunately, "because it's a
bit complex". You can use delve to check whether the weights are
actually different. Trying to construct 'minimal' queries to
demonstrate the weight effect sometimes doesn't work, because of other
aspects of the ranking algorithm.