[Xapian-discuss] Re: Practical example/explanation using an existing database

John Wards jwards at whiteoctober.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 09:36:32 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 17:53 +0100, James Aylett wrote:
> Can I suggest that you use document data as a field store, rather than
> document values? That way you can give them textual names, instead of
> mapping to numbers.

How do you add data as a field store?

In the API, which has taken me a few days to get my head around, all I
see is the ability to add values and add data. As far as I can tell add
data only takes one argument which is the data.

Yes I could do some regular expression work when I get data but with
defining my constants in an include file which I use on indexing and
searching I have usable names to get/set values.

Cheers
John