[Xapian-discuss] Making Title Fields Have More Weight In Xapian Search

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Thu Jul 26 10:23:41 BST 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 02:22:43PM -0400, Benny Chan wrote:

> Yea I tried delve --help but i'm pretty new to Xapian and that help
> isn't very comprehensive. For instance, what are "term lists"
> "posting lists" "position lists" ?

You should read the introduction to Xapian to get an overview of
these. However in this case you want to grab the term list for a given
document, and use the -v switch to get the wdf (within document
frequency - sum of all the weights with which this term was added as a
posting to that document):

$ delve -v -r 1 db

for document id #1. The response will be a list of <term> <wdf>
<termfreq>; you care about the wdf for each term.