[Xapian-discuss] Xapian::DatabaseModifiedError caused withintransaction

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Sun Jul 29 14:21:00 BST 2007

Please keep conversations on-list so that everyone can help and
benefit :-)

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 09:15:01PM +0800, Hightman(马明练) wrote:
> James Aylett,您好!
>
>     Even if I split the two operator into different transaction one
>     after another, It cause DatabaseModifiedError Also ...  It seems
>     that if I update one document by unique term frequently (within
>     some seconds), the ERROR produced. :(
>
>    "xapian-check: DatabaseCorruptError: Db block overwritten - are
>    there multiple writers?"
>
>     I am sure that only use one writer... is it the bug for
>     database.flush(); ?

Umm. Can you extract a simple test case that shows the problem for
you? Just a single program, running against a database that nothing
else is using?

I'm not sure from what you've said - do you see the problem when you
update repeatedly using the same uniqe term (ie updating the same
document)? Or is it just when updating via unique term, across
multiple documents, that it goes wrong?