[Xapian-discuss] Windows build files for 1.0

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Jun 12 04:52:08 BST 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 07:00:55PM +0200, Daniel M?nard wrote:
> 1. I created a very simple "version.rc" file. I started with the
> template file included in php source distributions which is used for all
> php extensions (template.rc in /win32/build folder), removing things
> which were not needed in my opinion and quickly changing some lines:
> http://www.bdsp.tm.fr/aed/xapian/version.rc.txt

I can't access this site - I always get:

"The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

> (copyright and things like that will have to be checked)
>
> 2. In this resource file, we need to have access to the xapian version.
> The simplest way would be to include "version.win32.h", but RC, the
> resource compiler, dislike the namespace it contains (perhaps this file
> could be split?) So I duplicated the file, keeping only the defines:

Hmm, the real version.h no longer contains any namespaces or function
prototypes.  In fact, version.win32.h shouldn't even be there.  I
carefully added a suitable generated version to the xapian-core tarball
precisely to avoid this problem with failing to remember to update the
version numbers by hand, but sadly it's not being used.  I've committed
a hopefully suitable change to SVN, but I'm unable to test it.

Can you try out the makefiles from SVN and let me know how they do?