[Xapian-discuss] Empty results OMEGA with XAPIAN 1.0.1

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Jun 12 14:06:17 BST 2007

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 02:57:04PM +0200, M.J. van der Veen wrote:
> I configured XAPIAN 1.0.1 and OMEGA 1.0.1. on my development machine
> (first removed the old ones). I recreated my databases (both quartz
> and flint) and tried to run original queries against the databases
> created by the new versions.

Odd, I upgraded xapian.org to 1.0.1 yesterday and that worked.

> I'm getting empty result sets from OMEGA.

Does it just return "no matches", or no output at all?

> If I use the delve tool I
> actually see that the records are created fine. No log files are
> written as far as I know. Are there any methods to debug this?

You could try the "quest" example, which uses the QueryParser class
too.

Also, you could try running Omega from the command line, in case
there's some output to stderr.

Also, you can add $querydescription to your OmegaScript template
which shows how the query gets parsed.