[Xapian-discuss] Deleted documents not deleted

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Jun 19 22:18:24 BST 2007

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 10:53:51PM +0200, Jean-Francois Dockes wrote:
> There is a slight weirdness in the indexer, in that it uses 2 separate
> Database/WritableDatabase objects for reading and writing (this is because
> of performance issues I had in the past when performing some kinds of
> accesses through a WritableDatabase). I don't know if this can be relevant
> at all, I could try and change it if it has a chance to be related to the
> problem.

If you delete it in the writable one, the change won't show in the other
until you flush() the writable one and reopen() the other.

But you said that the document isn't deleted once the database is
closed, so it sounds like that isn't the issue.  Is there a way I can
get this to reproduce for myself?  I can install the latest release or
SVN HEAD (or whatever) of recoll, but what about the data?