[Xapian-discuss] get_mset and check_at_least?

Jim Spath jspath at pangeamedia.com
Fri Jun 22 14:48:30 BST 2007

Hi all,

I'm attempting to use the check_at_least option for get_mset so that
get_matches_estimated returns the correct number of results.

get_matches_estimated does indeed return the correct number of results,
but an unexpected side effect of this change is that now I get back all
the results, instead of the 10 I requested.

I'm using version 1.0.0.0 of Search::Xapian for perl to do the searching
and I used "scriptindex - xapian-omega 1.0.1" to build the index.

I did notice this post to the list from November:
http://lists.tartarus.org/pipermail/xapian-discuss/2006-November/002898.html

The exact problem I am experiencing is acknowledged in that post, and
there were some subsequent entries to the Changelog that indicate that
this problem was resolved in version 0.9.10.0.

Anyways, I guess I'm curious about the resolution of this issue.

Thanks!
- Jim