[Xapian-discuss] TermGenerator and SimpleStopper

Tom Mortimer tom at lemurconsulting.com
Thu Jun 28 11:34:06 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm using SimpleStopper with TermGenerator in a Python indexing
script, in an attempt to keep my index size down (currently 30K per
doc, and I have 200 million docs to index, which I think implies
6TB.)  However, unprefixed (positional?) terms are not affected by
the stopper, though Z-prefixed terms are.

I assume this is intentional for phrase queries, but I need to reduce
my index size drastically. Is it possible to generate positional
terms, filtered with a stoplist, and not generate the Z terms?  Or
should I just write my own term generator?

cheers,
Tom