[Xapian-discuss] UTF-8 trunk, tarballs, 0.9.10?

Richard Boulton richard at lemurconsulting.com
Thu Mar 15 15:22:55 GMT 2007

Andreas Marienborg wrote:
> Currently, the instructions lead to svn trunk, and a tarball dump from svn.
>
> I am trying to use svn trunk at the moment, but I get a build-error
> quite early on:

Just to be clear, are you using a SVN checkout, or downloading a
snapshot tarball and unpacking that?

> Now, I have been trying to figure out what is wrong, and from what I can
> seem to conclude, there should be a file include/xapian/error.h, but
> that file is not in svn.
>
> It is however attempted included from a number of other files.
>
> My question is if it should be in svn, or if something is supposed to
> autogenerate it. If the last, can it somehow be included in either
> configure or make before it is attempted used?

It's an autogenerated file - generated by generate-exceptions.  This
should be run automatically by the build system, but perhaps that's
failing.  If you're using a SVN checkout, I recommend re-running the
bootstrap script, or if you're running configure manually be sure to
pass the --enable-maintainer-mode flag.

For more details, read the "Building from SVN" section of the file
"HACKING" in the xapian-core top-level source directory.

--
Richard