[Xapian-discuss] scoring question

Alexander Lind malte at webstay.org
Wed Mar 21 16:52:28 GMT 2007

> This is roughly what should happen.  The actual score from each word is
> determined by considering the frequencies of the terms in the collection
> and the document, and looking at document lengths, so it generally won't
> be 33.3%.  If you really want exactly that, it could be achieved with a
> user defined weighting scheme.

Ah, excellent. Thats how I thought it would work from the beginning.
> If you're really getting 100% for a document only matching one term of
> a multi-term query, can you provide a small test case?

Actually I figured out now that every single term in the xapian index
has a wdf of 0, and because of that every single hit is considered 100%
relevant.
I'm using xapian 0.9.9 and its a flint db, but I've probably caused this
myself somewhere.
I'll see if I can figure out what I have done wrong before bothering you
anymore. Probably something in my indexing script.

Cheers
Alec