[Xapian-discuss] merge database and maintain order

Mark Clarkson mark.clarkson at smorg.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 18:15:02 BST 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 15:34 +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> Try this (lightly tested) patch instead:
>
> http://oligarchy.co.uk/xapian/patches/xapian-compact-trim-leading-unused-dids.patch

Nice! Thanks.

Unfortunately this patch does not work with Xapian 0.9.9 or 0.9.10 as
these versions require a non-empty string argument to
Database::postlist_begin. I notice that the patch is in svn so I'm going
to have to go with my nasty patch for now :-(, but hopefully 0.9.11 will
be out soon?

Alternatively, I suppose I could add some term (Xall?) to every document
in the database and use this in the call to postlist_begin(), which
would be safer than my patch, unless there's another non brute force way
of finding the lowest document id in a database?

Cheers
Mark.