[Xapian-discuss] Counting and statistics

Andreas Marienborg andreas at startsiden.no
Thu Mar 29 12:39:12 BST 2007

>> Is there any way to "skip" some terms when building the ESet? I tried
>> with:
>>
>> 	my $eset = $enquire->get_eset(10, $rset, sub { my $term = shift;
>> warn "in decider!"; return 1; });
>>
>> but that just gives me the following error upon execution:
>>
>> 	Usage: Search::Xapian::Enquire::get_eset(THIS, maxitems, rset) at ./
>> script/nyheter_search_word_count.pl line 74.
>
> ExpandDecider isn't wrapped by Search::Xapian yet.  The wrapper should
> be very similar to that for MatchDecider, which was wrapped as of
> 0.9.10.0, so if you know any XS you could probably add a wrapper
> easily
> enough.  Otherwise, feel free to file a bug and I'll take a look once
> Xapian 1.0 is taken care of.

Attached is an attempt to implement it. It's based heavily on
MatchDecider, but adapted where I thought it would need it.

I haven't written tests yet, but basicly wanted to know if it looks
semi-sane before doing so.

I have tested it on my own code, and that seems to work, so I can
probably create a test-case as well.

- andreas