[Xapian-discuss] Re: 1.0 news, and a call for testing

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun May 6 16:00:11 BST 2007

On Sun, May 06, 2007 at 01:02:48PM +0800, Fabrice Colin wrote:
> I have just tried the SVN 8400 snapshots and found two issues with RPM
> packaging.
> - omega.spec needs to be patched (see end of this email) because the source
>  is now tarballed as xapian-omega.

Applied.  I've also renamed omega.spec to xapian-omega.spec.

> - shouldn't the bindings be numbered 0.9.10_svnXXX instead of
> 0.9.10.1_svnXXX ?

The idea is that we can make point releases of the bindings without
having to release xapian-core and omega too.  It's been useful a
couple of times I think.

But actually depending on xapian-core with the same version is too
strict in general, especially since we're hoping to make stronger ABI
compatibility guarantees in 1.0.X.  I think I'd rather not get into how
we want to address this right now, so I'll just bump everything in SVN
HEAD to the mythical 0.9.99.

Which reminds me I never finished making the 0.9.10.1 release of
xapian-bindings...