[Xapian-discuss] Splitting terms into separate B-Trees.

Kevin Duraj kevin.softdev at gmail.com
Tue May 22 21:12:55 BST 2007

Splitting terms into separate B-Trees.

I would like to have a feature in Xapian that would allow me to tell
Xapian to split B-Tree terms into 2 or more B-Trees that I could place
on different servers and then based on what term Xapian is searching
master server will issue search to particular worker server that holds
the term. Master server will received info from worker server which
documents IDs contain the term then master server retrieves document
from local database and return search result to client.

Example:

Master holds database with documents Server0
- B-tree with bitmaps for all terms starting a-m are stored on ServerA
- B-tree with bitmaps for all terms starting n-z  are stored on ServerB

If I am looking for term: xapian, Master Server0 will issue search to
ServerB, result is then send back Master Server0 then Master Server0
retrieves documents details from local database and will send to
client.

--
Kevin Duraj
http://myhealthcare.com