[Xapian-discuss] Debian and Ubuntu packages for 1.0.0 now available

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed May 30 12:29:02 BST 2007

I've prepared Debian and Ubuntu packages for 1.0.0, see the download
page for details:

http://www.xapian.org/download.php

Packages are currently available for Debian stable and unstable, and for
Ubuntu edgy and feisty.

I'm ready to upload packages to the official Debian repository but my
usual sponsor is away for the next fortnight - if you're a DD and
willing to sponsor an upload, mail me directly.

The python bindings fail "make check" for Python 2.2 (the compatibility
code for the old sequence API doesn't work there) so I haven't built
packages for Debian oldstable or Ubuntu dapper.  It's hard to know how
much interest there is in them (the web server logs suggest there is
some for dapper at least) but trying to build them revealed the Python
2.2 issue, and the cost is mostly just extra compilation time so I'll
probably build these as well for 1.0.1.