[Xapian-discuss] Re: Question about sorting using the Java bindings.

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu May 31 18:03:27 BST 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 12:11:54PM -0400, Jarrod Roberson wrote:
> I downloaded snapshot  8776  I did a ./configure --with-python --with-java
> then tried to run make in the java-swig directory. I got tons of compiler
> errors.
>
> here is part of what it spews out.
>
> xapian_wrap.cc:8907: error: 'jlong' does not name a type
>[snip]

If you're going to only send some of the compiler errors, the *FIRST*
few are almost always the most interesting ones.

My guess is that the first error is probably that it's failing to find
jni.h because java-swig/Makefile.am wasn't using JAVA_CPPFLAGS.  For my
testing I used the GCJ toolchain installed which puts jni.h in
/usr/include so JAVA_CPPFLAGS would be empty anyway.

Try revision 8777 (or later).