[Xapian-discuss] Perl threads and Xapian - incompatibility?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Nov 1 06:09:40 GMT 2007

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 03:09:15AM +0200, Ron Kass wrote:
> Hope (while not holding my breath) Perl 6 coming soon doesn't carry its
> own set of glitches with it..

My (somewhat hazy) understanding is that Perl 6 is intended to have a
cleaner native extension API, but with a compatibility wrapper to allow
XS modules to work.

I don't think Search::Xapian does anything particularly weird with XS
- the only unusual aspect I'm aware of is using C++ with XS - so
hopefully it won't require much effort to get it to work with Perl 6.