[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 1.0.4 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Nov 12 18:29:23 GMT 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 01:59:50PM +0000, Bill Crawford wrote:
> On Monday 12 November 2007 12:56:18 Olly Betts wrote:
>
> > Fabrice Colin has built RPMs for Fedora 7.  He's no longer supporting
> > FC6.
>
> Any chance of the perl bindings being packaged too? It would help immensely
> with keeping versions in sync (we had problems here because the debian repo
> had xapian at 1.0.2 and cpan had the perl module at 1.0.3).

I'm not sure which distro you're asking about packages for as you quoted
the bit about Fedora, but then talk about Debian!

I don't know about RPM packages - Fabrice or Tim might be able to
comment on those.

There are already Search::Xapian packages in Debian:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/libs/libsearch-xapian-perl.html

They've not been updated for 1.0.4.0 yet - someone mailed me last week
who was updating them but had hit the bug in the new testcase
"thread.t".  The Debian server which accepts new uploads has been down
with disk problems for a few days, but it's now back, so I imagine it
should appear soon.