[Xapian-discuss] Ruby Gem?

Mike Boone boonedocks at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 22:03:59 GMT 2007

Has anyone made a Ruby Gem package of Xapian? I recently built a Ruby
on Rails project and was able to drop in the Ferret Gem (a port of
Lucene) and the acts_as_ferret Gem, and searching was easily handled
in my Rails application. But I've been working with Xapian in PHP for
a few years now, and I'd love to use it in my Rails application. It
might be nice to get some more Ruby attention for Xapian along the
way.

Has anyone tried to package Xapian as a Ruby Gem yet? I don't want to
reinvent the wheel, but if nobody has yet, it might be fun to try and
useful to others.