[Xapian-discuss] index_text for java

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Nov 15 10:11:38 GMT 2007

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 01:09:29PM -0500, Aleph Thomas wrote:
> Hello all, I need know if this function exist in java, and if not, what I
> can do...
>
> void Xapian::TermGenerator::index_text(const std::string &text,
>         Xapian::termcount weight=1, const std::string &prefix="")

It's not wrapped for the current Java bindings.  It is by the new
SWIG-based ones which I mentioned in my previous reply.

In general, if something doesn't seem to be wrapped for Java at the
moment, it probably isn't.  But in many cases it already is by the
new SWIG-based Java bindings.  More real-world testing of the SWIG-based
bindings would be useful, so I'd encourage people to try them.

I'm unlikely to expend much effort myself at this point to improve the
older Java bindings, although patches are still welcome.