[Xapian-discuss] Odd output from xapian-checkB

Robert Parker parkerrl at ldc.upenn.edu
Fri Nov 16 22:20:08 GMT 2007

Hi,

I was running xapian-check on an index I just built, and I get a
repeated message saying "Unexpected end of data when reading termlist."
This happens on all databases I create, either before or after packing,
with any blocksize.  Querying seems to be fine and I can compact and
merge databases without any issues.

Is this something I ought to worry about?

I've seen this on 32-bit FreeBSD 5.4 and on Ubuntu 7.10, both using
Xapian 1.0.4 (I've compiled the library myself on both platforms).  All
my databases have been created using the Python bindings, if that makes
any difference.

Thanks very much, both for your time and for Xapian,
Bob