[Xapian-discuss] Problems with xapian php bindings in osx

Frank Claycomb fclaycomb at mntntp.com
Wed Nov 28 13:30:05 GMT 2007

Well what I want to do is search basically an entire mysql database
(making a quick search).  People in #php on freenode suggested xapian
to me.  Is xapian really what I want to use for this?  I used to
think it was but now I am not so sure.  I am finding conflicting
definitions of what xapian is and does.  Also I read that php
documentation that you pointed me to, it does not really tell me
anything pertinent to programming, just how to get it to work.  I am
having some problems finding the documentation that explains now to
code for xapian (such as the api in the php bindings).

thanks for all of your help so far,

-Frank

Frank Claycomb
Software Developer