[Xapian-discuss] Moving to 1.0.x

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Oct 10 03:14:01 BST 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 09:22:36PM -0400, Mike Boone wrote:
> Interesting. The new box now is on PHP5, I recompiled the 1.0.3
> bindings, and I made a couple small adjustments to get my indexing
> code PHP5 compatible (like including xapian.php and adding the
> try/catch block). Now the memory usage is more...about 6MB/1000 for
> the small documents and 25MB! per 1000 for the larger ones. Keeping my
> fingers crossed that the memory leak fix works.

The PHP5 bindings work in a different way to the PHP4 ones, and the code
SWIG was generating leaks two zvals each time rather than one.

These patches should fix the problem for 1.0.3:

http://oligarchy.co.uk/xapian/patches/xapian-php4-memory-leak-fix.patch
http://oligarchy.co.uk/xapian/patches/xapian-php5-memory-leak-fix.patch