[Xapian-discuss] Moving to 1.0.x

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Oct 10 13:04:54 BST 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 10:55:16PM -0400, Mike Boone wrote:
> Rerunning my indexer still gives the very large memory increases of
> 25MB/1000 documents. I'm not sure what's causing it now; I will try to
> isolate it tomorrow.

This is the code I was testing with, which reported growing memory usage
before and now reports constant usage (for both PHP4 and PHP5):

    for ($i = 0; $i < 1000000; ++$i) {
	print memory_get_usage()."\n";
	$doc = new XapianDocument();
    }

It sounds like you are really using the new version - perhaps see if
the above works, and if it does, try to find a similar example which
doesn't.