[Xapian-discuss] Remote() support for Perl

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Oct 10 20:35:19 BST 2007

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 05:38:25PM +0200, Ron Kass wrote:
> It seems there is no support yet for remote database querying in Perl.

Yes, Remote::open() isn't wrapped.  Neither is Auto::open_stub() which
would provide a way to work around that.

> Noone had a need for that thus far in Perl?

I guess not.

> Alternatively, any plans to wrap this in the near future?

While I'd like to have everything wrapped, I'm not sure when I'll have
time to look at this.

If you want to take a look for yourself, it should be pretty easy even
if you aren't very familiar with XS.