[Xapian-discuss] Perl threads and Xapian - incompatibility?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Oct 19 15:06:47 BST 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 06:16:28AM +0200, Ron Kass wrote:
> Yes. This solved the problem.

Great.

> First we would need to see that Xapian's core supports multi-threading
> properly and that it works well from the children threads.

As documented here (and for the reasons documented) xapian-core
deliberately makes fairly limited promises about thread safety:

http://www.xapian.org/docs/overview.html

Essentially, Xapian works in a threaded environment, but you can't share
objects between threads without policing access with a mutex yourself.

I'll add the CLONE_SKIP subs when I have a spare moment.