[Xapian-discuss] Snippet support?

Yong Wang wangyunpeng at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 19:23:17 BST 2007

Hi,
  I am newbie for Xapian. Now I want to play to use Xapian to index some
codebase, and provide search feature.
  I wonder is there any lib/plugin to support snippet and highlight?
  Now I am trying to do the snippet like this:
 For each file (cfile, pl, rb and py file), create one vector to store lines
and serialize to string as document data. Using line no as term position.
When search and hit, extract document data, calculate the final snippet
from/to, using stem words to highlight (string.find to get the column of
each query stem word).

  Does Xapian have any built-in support, or is there another way to
implement it?

  Thank you!
Yunpeng.