[Xapian-discuss] MatchSpy speed for value counts?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Sep 17 23:25:02 BST 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 02:21:52PM -0700, Andrei T wrote:
> I tried to pass my custom spy object as the 6th
> argument of get_mset(). However, it appears to be
> taking just as long if it's the 5th argument
> (MatchDecider).

That's expected - the key difference between a "match spy" and a "match
decider" is that we won't optimise match spy in future versions by
delaying applying it to see if we actually need to (which we do plan to
do for match deciders).

All uses of values during the match should get faster when we change how
values are stored, especially those which want a particular value for a
lot of documents, which is the case here.