[Xapian-discuss] Incorrect get_matches_estimated() of Xapian::Mset

Hightman(马明练) hightman at zuaa.zju.edu.cn
Thu Sep 20 15:18:07 BST 2007

Olly Betts, Hello

======= 2007-09-20 14:27:00 您在来信中写道:=======

>On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 07:56:52PM +0800, Hightman(??????) wrote:
>
>If you want to ensure the estimate is correct below a certain value
>(e.g. to allow reliably generation of paging buttons in your UI), set
>the check_at_least parameter to Enquire::get_mset().  See the

  Though I used the third argument to set the check_at_least number, It still return
  much more number than the exact number(about 5 times);

  But if the exact number is greater than estimated number, the new return value is more correct.

  Dosen't the third argument fixed the number greater than exact number?

>documentation for the details, or look at the code to Omega to see how
>it implements this.
>
>Cheers,
>    Olly

        致