[Xapian-discuss] Indexing PDF files with scriptindex

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Sep 23 23:15:52 BST 2007

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 04:09:31PM +0200, falko ortolf wrote:
> Sorry, my question seemed to be misleading. I should precise it to: Is
> the load action only able to load plain text files?

Oh, I see!  At the moment "load" just loads the literal contents of the
file.  So you can use it for plain text, and also for HTML (thanks to
the "unhtml" action).  You could use it for some XML files (if simply
stripping the tags out is the right approach, then "unhtml" will do that
for XML too).  But it doesn't support running filter programs.