[Xapian-discuss] Deprecation policy question

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Sep 28 01:43:55 BST 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 02:01:31PM +0100, Richard Boulton wrote:
> This suggests to me that we should follow my "option 1", and if people
> complain about the warnings, we can document and implement a
> "XAPIAN_NO_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS" macro.

I've just reread the whole thread, and "option 1" seems the strong
favourite (and is also what the situation was previously, at least as I
understood it).

I don't think I want to have to bump the minor version to deprecate
something.  It's an interesting idea, but it doesn't seem to really buy
us much, and it's easy to understand if a minor series corresponds
directly to a compatible ABI.

So let's just go with option 1.