[Xapian-discuss] how to compile java-swig under linux.

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Apr 1 12:52:06 BST 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 08:50:24AM -0500, Jarrod Roberson wrote:
> it looks like the command line option to tell SWIG what package to use is in
> the make file already.

Hmm, it's there but commented out.  I tried adding it back in, but make
fails.  It looks like it no longer finds other classes in the package.
I don't really know how this is supposed to work, which is probably why
I commented out the option before.

If you want to take a look, this is the patch to Makefile.am:

http://oligarchy.co.uk/xapian/patches/java-swig-makefile-package.patch

If you make the same change to Makefile.in, you don't need to run
automake, etc which may be simpler if you don't have suitable versions
installed.