[Xapian-discuss] Result Snippet Highlighting?

Gert Brinkmann g111 at netcologne.de
Mon Apr 7 12:20:32 BST 2008

Hello,

I am currently looking for an IR-Framework for a perl based project. The
xapian perl module seems very well up to date and nearly complete, so
xapian looks very interesting. (I only did find lucene as an alternativ,
but where perl support is not so grown up yet as it feels.)

Before diving into xapian I would like to know if there is snippet
highlighting support for the result list. (The searched word(s) and
fuzzily related words should be marked up.) I could not find information
(classes/methods) about it. Some mailing list postings seem that this is
on the todo-list but not yet available (only in the tool/project omega).

So: Is there highlighting support in xapian?

Oh, btw: Searching on xapian.org brings up an error:
"Warning: virtual() [function.virtual]: Unable to include
'/omega.cgi?FMT=xapian.org&P=highlight' - request execution failed in
/data/srv/www/xapian.org/search.php on line 13"

Also when trying to find the wishlist in bugzilla (via the menu entry
"bugs" and "Search existing bug reports") brought up an 404 error: "The
requested URL /cgi-bin/bugzilla/query.cgi was not found on this server."

Thanks,
Gert