[Xapian-discuss] strange exception in clustering branch PHP bindings

Richard Boulton richard at lemurconsulting.com
Wed Apr 23 14:02:26 BST 2008

Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
> Hello, I was testing xapian PHP5 bindings and the clustering svn
> branch when I saw this error:
>
> Exception: DatabaseError: inflate failed (invalid distance too far
> back) in /usr/local/share/php5/xapian.php on line 1753
>
> Call Stack:
>     0.0005     141008   1. {main}() /test/xapian/xapian_insert2.php:0
>     6.0653    3377392   2. XapianLib->cluster()
> /test/xapian/xapian_insert2.php:59
>     6.0654    3377392   3. XapianClusterSingleLink->cluster()
> /classes/xapianlib.class.php:193
>     6.0654    3377392   4. clustersinglelink_cluster()
> /usr/local/share/php5/xapian.php:1753
>

> On line 1753 there is:
>
> ClusterSingleLink_cluster($this->_cPtr,$database,$clusters,$docsim,$docsource,$num_clusters);
>
> The error message seems to be coming form zlib.

Ooh - are you able to reproduce this error reliably?

I've been getting reports of this happening very intermittently from a
client, but haven't yet been able to reproduce this; they're using the
clustering branch, but getting it at a different place.  Any help you
can give me tracking the problem would be gratefully appreciated - the
first thing is establishing a reproducible testcase.  For the other
client, this only happens after a couple of Gb of data have been
processed, unfortunately... :(

--
Richard