[Xapian-discuss] Python bindings

Iain Emsley iainemsley at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 26 15:39:00 BST 2008

I've just started with Xapian using the Python bindings and have been using
the example texts to begin understanding how the programme works.

I've been running simpleindex.py off the command line to read a directory
(C:\test) where a  file called pl.txt exists. The command I entered was
python c:\pathtoxapian c:\test but the line does not appear to do anything
and hangs.  If I try and set the path c:\test\pl.txt directly, then I get
the exception no flint database found at path c:\test\pl.txt.

I'm ultimately wanting to get Xapian looking for a set of files in a
directory defined with a certain word at the beginning of the filename.

Could anybody please let me know what I'm doing incorrectly so that I can
really get my head into this?

Thanks, Iain