[Xapian-discuss] STEM_SOME (was: Custom Stemmng and QueryParser)

Mike Boone boonedocks at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 17:55:46 BST 2008

I just realized I wasn't replying to the list on my previous messages.
Doh! Thanks to Matthew for replying thus far.

The issue appears to boil down to this. I am trying to parse a query
with STEM_SOME set. It's described in the docs as "Search for stemmed
forms of terms except for those which start with a capital letter".

I am custom-stemming a few words, which are stored in the index
prefixed with XZ.

I tried to prefix these myself before sending them to the query
parser, but they get stemmed anyway:

"XZiis AND sharp" (no quotes) gets parsed as Xapian::Query((xziis:(pos=1) AND
Zsharp:(pos=2))). The first term should be XZiis.

If I try to use add_prefix('custom','XZ'), "custom:iis AND sharp" (no
quotes) is parsed as Xapian::Query((ZXZii:(pos=1) AND
Zsharp:(pos=2))).

What I'm trying to get is: Xapian::Query((XZiis:(pos=1) AND Zsharp:(pos=2)))

How do I get there? This is Xapian 1.0.7 and the PHP bindings.

Thanks!
Mike Boone.
http://boonedocks.net/mike/