[Xapian-discuss] DISTINCT clause in Xapian?

James Cauwelier james.cauwelier at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 14:02:00 BST 2008

Hi all,

I have a database of products with a indexed table, description, etc.
Every product has a publisher, price, availability property and can be
part of one or more product selections (just group of products).

When I query the Xapian database, I also want a list of unique
publishers for the product results.  In SQL, I would use a DISTINCT
clause to do this.  Currently, I cache Xapian results in a MySQL DB
table, but this introduces an extra step in the search mechanism and I
am having performance issues with this.

Can anybody point me to a solution for my problem?

Thanks!