[Xapian-discuss] doc.add_posting vs TermGenerator().index_text

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Sun Aug 24 14:26:54 BST 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 08:10:54AM -0700, mark wrote:

> is there any difference between using document.add_posting (in which
> term is added one by one)
> and TermGenerator().index_text for creating the xapian database?

TermGenerator will generate a complete set of Omega-compatible terms
(both unstemmed and stemmed words, using our standard word-splitting
algorithm). Adding things one by one may be compatible if your manual
term generation works in the same way. TermGenerator should be at
least as fast as doing it manually.