[Xapian-discuss] undefined reference to "function name"

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Dec 1 08:02:20 GMT 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 12:33:10AM -0500, Zhiguo Li wrote:
> Maybe my last email was too long, and I will simplify it:

No - you just shouldn't necessarily expect an answer in less than two
days.  We do our best to make sure that mail to the lists gets answered
fairly promptly, but it's not something anyone is paid to do and
sometimes everyone who knows the answer is just busy or away.

You don't say if you're building from tarballs or SVN, or how you're
configuring, but I think your problem is probably that you aren't using
--enable-maintainer-mode when running configure (so your changes to
matcher/Makefile.mk have no effect).  See HACKING for details (and much
more information you'll find useful if you want to modify Xapian).