[Xapian-discuss] flintlock issues

Daniel Andersson daniel at septum.org
Wed Dec 3 21:30:06 GMT 2008

Hi people

I'm running Xapian (1.0.9) and more specifically omega to index a few
different databases.

After the databases are first indexed (by user A), the dirs get
chmod'ed to 0777 to allow user B full access to them.

Even after the indexing is done, the file "flintlock" still exists in
all database dirs. It's owned by user A (perm: -rw-------).

When user B wants to change something, scriptindex waits until a)
flintlock is removed OR b) flintlock is chown'ed to user B

Should flintlock remain in all dirs, or is something wrong?
If it should, how do I change things so that both users can make
changes to the databases? (basically getting scriptindex to adhere to
the permissions of the dir/database in question)?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Daniel