[Xapian-discuss] Obtaining actual match count if using set_collapse_key()

Henry henka at cityweb.co.za
Mon Dec 8 11:08:34 GMT 2008

Quoting "Olly Betts" <olly at survex.com>:
> On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 06:56:16PM +0200, Henry wrote:
>> Is it possible to obtain the actual match count if you're using
>> set_collapse_key()?  ie, the total count *before* the collapsing
>> occurs (without using get_mset()).

I'll be tucking into the source (prickly stuff, being a C programmer
at heart) to see whether I can add a method to return the 'actual'
number of matches (ie, include collapsed numbers).  Thank heavens you
have lots of debugging available...

Before I try that though, as an insider, can you offer any insights as
to whether this is even doable (within reasonable timeframes)
considering the existing code-flow, etc.  If it is, please feel free
to drop as many breadcrumbs (wrt sections of code to study) as you
feel you need to ;)

Thanks
Henry