[Xapian-discuss] spliting words algorithm - indexer vs. queryparser

tata 668 tata668 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 15:10:04 GMT 2008

Hi,

I haven't worked with Xapian for a long time! It works well on my old live project but now I have a
new project and I want to update Xapian and the way I use it.

We had this conversation some years ago:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.general/2385

And I'd like to know if the current version of Xapian now has those features:

1) Being able to use the exact same algorithm to split words when adding a text to a document and
when parsing a query (with the queryparser).

2) Is it possible to set the "content" (the postings) of a document by passing the whole text at
once, without the need to split the words by ourself and adding each word one by one? That would be
perfect for Xapian to use its internal words-spliting algorithm, the same that would after be used
by the queryparser.

Thanks in advance!

Julien