[Xapian-discuss] Always returning ALL the documents matching a query

tata 668 tata668 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 22:52:57 GMT 2008

Hi,

Let's say I always want Xapian to return me ALL the documents matching a query, not a subset. What
is the best way to achieve that?

Would it be to use the biggest possible value for "maxitems" when getting the mset
(Enquire::get_mset())?

If so, what is that maximum value? I see maxitems is of type "Xapian::doccount" which is a typedef
for "unsigned". Is "unsigned" always the same on all systems? I don't know C++ at all, I'm using
Xapian via it's php binding. My Xapian instance runs on a CentOS 5 Linux server, if it matters.

Thanks in advance,

Julien