[Xapian-discuss] omindex character sets

Homer pissflitsche0815 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 6 09:52:19 GMT 2008

Hi there folks :)

I compiled xapian / omega on a windows box.
the omindex did not work for me, because the indexing seemed to hang, while
indexing text / html.
the workaround was to use the cygwin omindex ports.

Now the problem:
i was indexing some documents with german special characters inside the document
and inside the path to the document.
when i use the omega search cgi, some special characters in the path to the
document are screwed up.
i think the path is encoded using iso-8859-1 and the main content is endoded
using utf-8.

is this true, or am i just doing some beginners mistakes?
would be nice if someone can tell me how to fix this.

thanks in advance

greets
Homer