[Xapian-discuss] allterms_begin(prefix) on a WritableDatabase

Matthew Somerville matthew at mysociety.org
Thu Feb 14 19:35:24 GMT 2008

Is there any reason that, in the Perl bindings, the allterms_begin/end in
Search::Xapian::WritableDatabase do not allow a prefix, while those in
Search::Xapian::Database do? (I want to fetch all the Q prefixed terms from
Xapian and compare them against our database to see if any Xapian entries
can be removed as they're no longer present in the database.) I'm happy to
supply a patch if that's helpful, although it wouldn't be any more than
copying the relevant prefix bits from the Search::Xapian::Database section
as I'm no XS expert :-)

ATB,
Matthew